G&W’s subsidiary Rail Link, Inc. has provided contract industrial switching and other rail transportation services for nearly?30 years.
Rail Link offers a total service package for customers that includes:?
- Railcar switching
- Railcar inspection and prep
- Railcar repair and cleaning
- Railcar loading/unloading
- Track and facility maintenance
- Complete turnkey logistics service solutions
- Class I interchange services (daily locomotive inspection, terminal brake test, etc.)
At Rail Link, customers are the focus of operations. We listen carefully to what customers say is important and work hard to develop creative, flexible logistics packages that address the individualized service needs of each facility.?
In addition to our experience, we provide the following benefits to customers:
- Rail Link has one of the best safety records in the industry.?
- We are familiar with all U.S.?Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), U.S.?Mine Safety and Health Administration?and U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration?requirements.
- We maintain our locomotives according to FRA guidelines.
- All employees receive ongoing Hazmat and U.S. Department of?Transportation?training.
- We measure locomotive reliability, aiming for a 98% in-service ratio.
- Quality People and Quality Service
- Rail Link has the best wage and benefits package in our industry, allowing us to attract and retain qualified employees.
- Our training program for new hires is a minimum of 120 hours of documented classroom and
“on-the-job” (one-on-one) training.
- Rules tests are conducted twice a year, and a site audit is conducted to ensure that employees maintain good housekeeping practices.